Hampstead Hill Academy is operated by the Baltimore Curriculum Project, a local nonprofit organization celebrating more than a decade of service and student learning with research-based educational strategies, intensive teacher training, and extensive support for principals.
Highlights of Hampstead Hill Academy
- MSDE 5 Star rated school.
- 818 Prek-8th grade students.
- Based on test scores, key statistics, and parent ratings, HHA is a top performing public charter school.
- We are tuition free and serve an attendance area. Extra spaces are available by lottery.
- At HHA, we choose our own curriculum, decide who to hire when there is a need, and have the control to make all day-to-day budget decisions in the best interests of our students.
- 100% of our kindergartners learn to read.We emphasize fluency and accuracy in reading.
- Knowledge, rigor and mastery are key components of our instructional program.
For the 2017-2018 school year, 77 of our 82 eighth grade students were admitted to their first choice high school. Selections included: City College, Western High School, Polytechnic High School, The Bard School, Paul Laurence Dunbar High School, City Neighbors, Cristo Rey, The Friends School, Loyola Blakefield along with various other private and public county schools.
- We offer physical education, instrumental music, band, art, library, nutrition class, drama, nature exploration and Spanish language as well as a quality before and after-school care program.
- Students take part in a variety of activities and field trips that provides the opportunity to encounter and explore novel learning in an authentic setting.
- We have a full-time nurse and nursing assistant to service the medical needs of our students.
- There are full-time music and art teachers.
- We have an orchestra with violins, cellos and violas.
- We have a band with nearly 70 instruments.
- We have a vibrant array of clubs like Audubon, Girl Scouts, baseball, basketball, volleyball, fitness, ceramics, Legos, STEAM and much more.
- We have Family Academic Nights, Student Celebration Nights, Community Arts Nights, which are all opportunities that foster and promote parent engagement and celebrate student, family and community achievements.
- We have live outdoor music festivals featuring professional artists three times a year.
- We also produce a spring musical each year. Past shows include Beauty and the Beast, Cinderella and Hairspray. Historically, every show sells out.
- We also have a PTO that coordinates many of the fundraisers throughout the course of the school year and supports to various programs.