The HHA student uniform consists of a collared navy blue shirt with tan or khaki pants, shorts or skirts. Shorts and skirts may not be shorter than fingertip length. Jeans are not permitted. If your child needs an extra layer in the classroom, we suggest a navy blue or tan sweater or crew (not hooded) navy blue sweatshirt. Outdoor jackets and hooded sweatshirts are not acceptable to be worn during the day in the classroom. For your convenience, HHA sells uniform shirts along with an array of other apparel items. Uniform shirts can be purchased at school, and other items can be purchased at the HHA Webstore. Regarding shoes, students should wear appropriate shoes with a back strap. Additionally, every year, each student will receive a free HHA t-shirt that can be worn interchangeably with the collared shirt.
BCPSS policy also includes the following:
- No pajama-type attire, undershirts or other bedtime attire is allowed during the school day or during school-sponsored activities.
- Footwear such as slippers, thongs,“heelys,” and flip-flops are not allowed during the school day or during school-sponsored activities.
- No real or imitation leather, fur, or animal-skin jackets, coats, vests, pants, or skirts are allowed.
- No hats, hair rollers or curlers are allowed during the school day or at school-sponsored activities.
- Because theft and loss are school security concerns, wearing jewelry in schools is prohibited. Specifically, the following items cannot be worn: metal chains, ropes, necklaces, bracelets, rings, large or extravagant earrings, multifingered rings. Exceptions are wedding rings for married students (these students will have to supply proof to the school of their marriage), school rings, nonvisible metal religious items, and medical identification bracelets.
- Pants should be worn appropriately at the waist, without undergarments showing.
- Apparel with vulgar statements or statements promoting illegal drugs, alcohol, sex, violence, or gangs is not allowed.
- Shorts and skirts may not be shorter than fingertip length. Halter tops, tank tops, spaghetti straps, muscle shirts, or see-through tops are not allowed.
- No sweatpants or jogging pants with elastic at the bottom of the legs are allowed. No elastic fabric sportswear is allowed.
- No clothing designed or altered to expose undergarments or parts of the body except arms or legs is allowed.
- No undergarments worn as outerwear are allowed. Clothing should be worn so that undergarments, including boxer shorts, thongs, or bras, are not exposed.
Thank you for helping us maintain a studious, academic and professional appearance at school.